Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Can Ya Hear Me Now?



My friend Bev leaves me THE best phone messages. The whole family loves to listen to them... and they are long too.. like we are talking. She makes my days with her messages. Now, If I'd remember to have my cell with me, I'd actually get to talk to her more. It drives my husband crazy... "why do you even have a cell.. you never answer it!". It's usually buried in my purse or in the car... I'm going to be better about that.

So... had to send Bev a card and let her know how much I love her and how much she makes my days. She likes pink almost as much as me, so of course I had to send her a pink phone.

I made the background by sticking all the sentiments to one block and stamping over and over. I also used Crystal Effects on the screen to make it look real. I wish you could see the shimmer. I used my long lost Brilliance Pearl Orchid ink, and the Brilliance Rocket Red Gold, that I got when I was in WI. LOVE those inks... they are so pretty and shimmery. The embossing around the image is done with my Scor-Pal.

Here is the recipe:

Stamps:
Text Messages, (Gina K. Designs)
Paper: Baby Blue Medium (Prism), Whisper White, Basic Black.
Ink: Brilliance, Pearl Orchid, Brilliance, Rocket Red Gold, Copic Marker
Other: Three for You Flower Punch, Dimensionals, Ticket Corner Punch, Crystal Effects, Corner Rounder Punch, Soft Subtle Brad, Black Glaze pen, Blue Gingham Ribbon, Scor-pal.

Okay, so the kitchen is stocked with groceries. I've got swiss steak ready to throw in the crock pot tomorrow. The laundry machine is smokin' I did so many loads. All I need to do is pack my stampin stuff.... oh, and clothes and I'm on my way! And, my husband made some of his famous cookies for my girls. I love him. I'm so excited!! No, I'm beyond excited. I told my Mom today.... it's kinda pathetic. I'm a grown woman and I feel like a five year old being SO excited to spend the weekend coloring with my friends! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I'm going to be a COPIC COLORING CERTIFIABLE HAPPY WOMAN!!! Talk to you soon,

6 comments:

Beth said...

Have FUN Cami! I will be with you there in SPIRIT! (maybe I will color better after we learn how to use these babies)

Shannon said...

I really enjoy ready your blog everyday, and I handed you an award on my blog today!! You can see it here http://colourinaglasshouse.blogspot.com/
Thanks for the daily dose of inspiration!

Bandon, Oregon said...

Waiting to hear about the Copic Class...lol...lol I'm not patient you know....

Faith

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

CUTE card, Cams! You are just good! I hope you have a fab time - I know you will! HUGS!

Alex said...

You deserve to be excited, girl - a weekend away with your friends doing what you love - have FUN girl!!!!! And Cami, this card is totally cute, I love it, and I am sure she will too!!!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

Have fun. You know you will be even more wonderful after you are certified that you cards will be smokin hot!!!